My priority is for you to receive the best possible treatment and feel comfortable, which is why I’ve made a few changes to the treatment process. I’m taking every precaution to make sure you and those I work with are kept as safe as possible.
To minimize face to face conversations, I may conduct your consultation over the phone or email before your appointment. I will also email you a health questionnaire, including a few Covid-19 pre-treatment screening questions. I’ll let you know what to expect during your appointment and answer any questions or concerns you may have, but do ask if there’s anything you’re not sure about at any point.
· You develop flu-like symptoms, specifically a high temperature, continuous cough, loss of smell and taste, sore throat, body ache, or other Covid-19 symptoms
· You’ve been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days
· You’ve had COVID-19 and tests have not confirmed you are COVID-19 negative
· You’ve come back from COVID-19 epidemic area within the last 14 days
· You’re in a vulnerable category and you haven’t got your GPs consent
· A face covering (if you forget, I will have a limited quantity of disposable masks available)
· Bottle of water (I won’t be able to offer you a drink as normal)
· Where possible, personal items should be left safely in your vehicle
· Only in special circumstances can I allow you to bring someone else with you (please let me know beforehand if you think this might apply to you).
· Please wait outside until I invite you to come in (I’ll meet you at the door)
· Before entering the building, put on your face covering
· On entering, I may take your temperature
· Keep to the social distancing guidelines wherever possible
· Use the hand sanitizer supplied
· Appointment times will be a maximum of one hour
· If I’m carrying out an assessment, I will ask you to wear a mask and will keep face-to-face close contact to a minimum
· I will be wearing the appropriate PPE (expect to see me sporting a visor!)
· There will be a box for you to store your items of clothing
· If you’re having treatments lying face up, I’ll ask you to keep your mask on. If you’re face down on the couch, you’re welcome to remove the face covering if you’d feel more comfortable
· All equipment used will be thoroughly sanitized between each client
· You’ll be asked to use the hand sanitizer before leaving the treatment room
· There will be a minimum of 30 minutes break between clients to give me time to clean and ventilate the room ready for my next client
Test and Trace
As part of the ongoing efforts to reduce the spread of Covid-19, we are asked to keep the contact details of clients that we treat for 21 days. These will be kept securely in compliance with GDPR requirements and only used in the unlikely event of being needed to help stop the spread of the virus. This scheme is voluntary and therefore if you do wish to opt out please let me know accordingly.
After your treatment, please feel free to leave any feedback on your experience – this will help me to understand what I’m doing well and how I can improve!
Thank you for your cooperation during this unusual time. Stay well, stay safe and see you soon!